Greetings to our ChristianBlogSites vistors. We assume you have come to this page because you are wanting to obtain your own personal blog site. Well, you have come to the right place. In just a moment you can register for your own personal blog. What we ask you to do before you register is to read our CBS Policies and Guidelines. Why? Because this is a Christian site and we want to make sure all bloggers are aware of this. Please help us keep our blog sites spam free, sexual orientation free, profanity free. After reading the guidelines you will be able to register for a new blog.
To prevent spamming all new blogs must be approved by our admin before you have full access. This normally takes a few minutes, but at times can take a few hours. Please be patient with the process.
So, go to our CBS Policies and Guidelines and register for your personal blog site.
Reminder of CBS Policies Regarding Blogs
Lately we have had several new blog users registering for blog sites. However, many register for a blog site and then do nothing with their site. So, CBS will start enforcing Policy 6 of the CBS Guidelines. If you have recently created a blog be aware that unless you start blogging your account will be deleted. At times spammers and hackers get pass our various ways of blocking them and they will create a blog site and do nothing with it so they can try to hack our site or so they can spam other users. Policy 6 is put into place to prevent this happening. Also, having a list of blog sites with no postings is of no value to visitors of ChristianBlogSites.
6. ACTIVE USE OF BLOG and SPAM FREE Once a member’s blog is activated by them responding to the e-mail confirmation, they have 7 days to start using their blog or it will be deleted and all data will be lost. If a member has no activity in on their blog for more than 60 days, their blog will be deleted and all data will be lost. If there is only two posts in 30 days, blog will be deleted and all data lost. If a blog has spam comments the blog owner will be notified. If in 7 days they do not remove the spam their blog will e deleted and all data lost.
None of our blog users should be receiving spam comments or spam emails from contact forms. If any on you are getting spam, please let us know by going to our Contact Us page. On my blogs I show all kinds of spam hits, but none of the spammers have been able to post anything. You should have the same success in blocking spammers. Again let me know if spam is getting through on your blog.
Here is the latest updates for our previous CBS Users. This should answer many of the questions or concerns you may have. Please read through this very long post. It has the answers or addresses the concerns of most of you and saves me time responding to the same questions sent to me via email.
Your Previous Posts/Articles from old site
We have transferred all of your posts from your previous CBS site. Some of you have voiced some concerns and we have addressed those concerns below. (Please be aware that if we did not have somebody doing community service work for us, mine and their time was over 40 hours working on this, we would not have been able to transfer your previous posts/articles.)
Some of you have shared that the text formatting of your articles is all messed up. There are a variety of reasons this may have occurred. (I personally and several other users have not had this problem because of how we originally posted our articles.)
- This new site is in compliance with all the new html guidelines and follows strict coding. So if you wrote articles by copying and pasting from Microsoft Word your post formatting may be messed up. (We had in our FAQs and User Guide for the old CBS Blog site a notation about using Microsoft Word for copying and pasting may not be the best idea).
- The source coding in the old blog site does not match up with the new blog site. That is because there is no standard in regards to how blog software is designed.
ATTN previous CBS Blog Users
We now have your old blog url going to the new site. So if anybody goes to the old URL based upon anything in the past from you they will be redirected to your new blog site. So for example if someone clicks on http://firstname.lastname@example.org/blog they are redirected to www.christianblogsites.net/blogs/pastorrich.
We are excited to announce that we were able to capture all of your previous posts/articles from the old site. We have also found a way to import them into your new site. This should be accomplished by tonight. This is great news! Thankfully there is someone who needed to do community service hours and they have database and programming skills. They have done an amazing job so far in writing an import script for this to take place. It has been tested with my blog site.
You will need to fine tune your articles once they are imported. I noticed that many of you never used the ‘more’ feature for articles. You should really use this. It makes it so that when someone goes to your blog home page they do not see very long articles that fill up your whole page. Instead they see several short excerpts from your articles. This is much more enticing. Go to my blog above to see what it looks like to have several articles on one page.
To learn how to use the ‘More’ feature, go to the FAQ pages.
If you have had a CBS blog on our old site and have moved it to this new site, then there will be a new URL for your blog. It is in the format of:
Your old blog URL was in this format:
Once we close out the old blog site we will be creating forwarding of your URL. This is how it will work:
When individuals go to http://username.christianblogsites.com/blog it will forward to http://www.christianblogsites.net/blogs/username automatically. You do not have to do anything.
So anywhere on the web your old URL is listed, if someone clicks on the link it will take them to your blog on this site.
If someone clicks on a link to any of your old articles they will get a ‘page not found’ error.
We are working hard at transferring your previous blog articles. We need your help to make this transition as smooth as possible. Please be aware that there will be glitches along the way.
We need your help to make the transition smoother. Here is what we need from you.
1. DO NOT post any longer at www.christianblogsites.com/blog website.
2. ASAP create categories in your new blog site that match the categories in your old blog site.
3. Add images/photos/graphics to your Media file of your new blog site. If any of your old blog articles contain images (and you don’t have them on your local computer) you should get them from your old blog site and save those images to your new blog site. (We also are going to try to capture all of them, but this is going to be challenging and we may miss some.)
Be aware that when we transfer your articles to the new site that there will be some issues:
a. Any articles that have images in them will have links to the image path that will be wrong. You will need to go into your articles and change the image path.
b. If you used the ‘more’ feature when posting articles it will not work properly in regards to your articles. We are hoping to find a work around on this but not sure if we can get something to work.
We have started registering existing CBS members to this new site.
We asking previous users to no longer post articles on this site. Start using the new site immediately. If you have not moved your site over yet go to Contact Us and let us know you need a new account.
It is our goal in the next two weeks to have all postings from your current blog moved to the new blog site. (For sure we will be able to save all your postings.)
At the end of this week we will be doing redirects of exisiting blog URLs to the new URLS.
Be sure to keep checking back at our FAQ page. We are adding information on a regular basis (at least a couple times a day).